Report: Fox News Sent Cease And Desist Letter To Tucker Carlson Over Twitter Series
It was just reported that Fox News sent Tucker Carlson a Cease & Desist letter over his new Twitter series, citing contract violations.
Carlson, previously Fox News' number-one-rated host, was let go by the mainstream network in late April. It was reported that Carlson was ousted after Fox agreed to settle a massive defamation lawsuit and paid Dominion Voting Systems nearly $800 million.
Fox News never provided specific details for letting Carlson go. But it is believed that Fox News collected a series of text messages and similar statements from Carlson, which were later related to the decision to let him go.
Fox News ratings have significantly declined since Carlson's departure.
Carlson has recently launched a new series using Twitter as the platform – the "Tucker on Twitter" series.
"We'll be bringing a new version of the show we've been doing for the last six and a half years to Twitter," he said in a statement. "We'll bring some other things, too, which we'll tell you about. But for now we're just grateful to be here."
Carlson aired two episodes of the series before the cease & desist letter, which has already garnered a combined 169 million views, according to reports. Carlson and his team aim to make Twitter more of a news platform and make the show more varied by bringing in guests.
Carlson's executive producer, Justin Wells, recently tweeted, "Next Episode of Tucker on Twitter coming Tuesday: Tucker's response to the indictment of Presidential Donald Trump."
Fox News Answers
Fox News is clearly monitoring Carlson and objects to his Twitter series. They contend that since they are still paying Carlson, he is breaching his contract. They maintain that his content is exclusive to Fox News through December 31, 2024.
However, Carlson's legal team argues for First Amendment free speech rights.
Harmeet Dhillon, one of the lawyers representing Carlson, said in a statement, "Fox News continues to ignore the interests of its viewers, not to mention its shareholder obligations."
The statement continued, "Doubling down on the most catastrophic programming decision in the history of the cable news industry, Fox is now demanding that Tucker Carlson be silent until after the 2024 election. Tucker will not be silenced by anyone... He is a singularly important voice on matters of public interest in our country, and will remain so."
The third episode of the Twitter Series has just been aired. In the episode, Carlson followed through with discussing Trump's legal situation. Elon Musk then posted the show through his Twitter page with the headline, "Bold."
Have you read these other blogs?
Why we must fight against any liberal dominance to bring balance back to America.
Reality TV star and survivalist EJ 'Skullcrusher' Snyder joins Mammoth Nation.